Tuesday 4 December 2012

Magazine And Mock Up

I have chosen to call my magazine 'Film Critic' as I believe this appeals to film fans, and informs those about what the magazine involves. The issue number and date create the illusion that the magazine is highly regarded, implying that many have been sold previously.
       I have decided to create my magazine cover using a very simplistic layout to create a sophisticated look. 
The focus point of the magazine cover will be the image of my character Harry, to inform the audience that 'Hide & Seek' is the main article within the magazine. A portion of the magazine has a black background contrasting to the rest in white, and a hand print in blood. This highlights how the featured film is a thriller as it holds codes and conventions of the genre. 
       The banner I've used mentions films and actors from an array of genres, enticing those who prefer genres other than thriller. I believe this will promote my magazine, and my film, to a much wider audience. 

Before

After
For my magazine I used a black background on white to stand out, as well as adding the image of a hand print of blood. I cropped the photo of Callum so that he'd stand out on the dark background. I believe these qualities all empahsise the thriller genre behind my film.
      I chose to use basic, formal fonts for the text on my magazine cover. Perpetua Tilting MT was used for the title, and Sylfaen for the issue number and banner. I chose a dark colour scheme for the cover to show that 'Hide&Seek's' the main focus within the magazine. I kept the font the same of 'Hide&Seek' as I did in the poster, to convey that they are the same film. I also chose the colour red to keep with the connotations of blood, highlighting the genre.

   My banner includes text about films which belong to many genres, such a family, romance and action. I have also added two photos of Hugh Jackman as Jean Vajean, and director Tim Burton to attract a wider audience who are interested in these characters.

No comments:

Post a Comment