Tuesday 4 December 2012

Poster And Mock Up


I have decided to create a simple poster which isn't too hectic so it's easier to understand for the audience. I'm using the tagline 'do you want to play a game?' underneath the title, which will be white to stand out. I have chose this as it links with film title 'Hide&Seek', and is associated with childrens games. The title text will be red, on a dark background to help the thriller genre stand out more.
           A faded image of the house will be used as the background of the poster, as it shows the location within the film. This will be darkened to convey mysteryI'm going to make sure that the release date stands out on the dark background, therefore the audience will remember it a lot easier. I will not be putting too much information on the billing block. It will then be rather very basic and uncluttered, making it easier to understand. I will be making sure the website is shown within the poster as part of the marketing campaign. There will also be synergy within the logos I'll used on my poster- Twitter, Facebook, Lionsgate, Imax and film rating logo. A hastag will also be shown to link to Twitter, '#HideSeek' will create more synergy and promote the film further using the social media site.

Before
After
For my film poster I applied 'Smudge Stick' effect to the picture of the house to make it quite blury, I believe this creates mystery behind the location. I also added a black and white tint to the photograph to carry on the thriller genre and hold the codes and conventions.
      I used several fonts throughout my poster. I used Chiller for the title, and Copperplate Gothic Light for the stars name, 'Callum Webb'. These fonts create a very sinister image of the film. I also used Minion Pro for the tagline and text 'starring', as well as Myriad Pro for the banner, I believe these basic fonts take less emphasise off the other texts.
     I decided to insert many logos within my poster to create synergy, as well as a hashtag to promote the film on Twitter also. I chose to put a 12 age restriction on my poster, as I believe my film is not too gory and fits the thriller genre instead of horror. Additionally, I created a website link and inserted it onto my poster, also promoting the film further.

No comments:

Post a Comment